Thursday 3 November 2016

THE BEST FOUNDATIONS UK 2016

It's a fact universally acknowledged that foundation can make or break a makeup look. With the best smokey eye and brows in the world a dodgy foundation will ruin any look.

Here's a run down of the best 5 foundations I've used, both drug store and higher end.


1. Estèe Lauder Double Wear

 This foundation is undoubtedly the best I have ever used. I have slightly oily skin and this foundation works a treat, blended with a beauty blender gives an almost photoshopped finish.
It is full coverage and extremely long lasting, meaning I only wear it on nights out or to big events. If you're looking for a foundation that wont budge all night and give you a flawless finish, go for this one!
RRP £31

Coverage: *****
Price: ***
Shades: *****


2. L'oréal Infallible 24 Hour Matte 

I originally got this in a shade far too dark and hated it, but after persevering with the right shade I found this foundation worked a treat! If you're into a matte look it's worth trying out this foundation as it really leaves a matte finish. I would call it medium coverage easy to wear on a day to day basis. Not quite as long lasting as double wear but a great foundation none the less. RRP £7.99

Coverage: ***
Price: ****
Shades: **




3.  Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation

The hype online over this foundation was what spurred me on to buying this, and I certainly wasn't disappointed. It has a lightweight feel on the skin, something that can't really be said for Double Wear, yet it can also be built quite easily to a medium/full coverage if required. Naked Skin is easily blendable and works a dream with the naked skin concealer too!

Coverage: ****
Price: ***
Shades: ****





4. Rimmel Wake Me Up 

I have loved this foundation for YEARS. Despite venturing out into the drugstore foundation market quite frequently I always seem to end up back with this foundation. It matches perfectly to my skin, isn't too heavy or thick and works perfectly on me for day to day wear.

Coverage: ***
Price: *****
Shades: **






5. Revlon Colour stay

This foundation is a new edition to my foundation collection, but a firm favourite none the less. If you have dry skin I wouldn't recommend this but for combination/oily this foundation is great. The bottle claims it lasts up to 24 hours, however I can't say I entirely agree with this, when I use it alone I notice it patching and rubbing off after about 8 hours wear which is still impressive with no base, but with primer and setting spray it potentially could live up to it's 24 hour promise!

Coverage: ***
Price: ***
Shades: ***







Thanks for reading! XO




1 comment:

  1. .
    fish oil pills. For better flow in your mind take Gingko Biloba. The thoughts works higher because it gets greater oxygen.The older you get the greater you understand the want to pow http://testoupmaxfacts.com/ion-z/

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I'd love to hear your opinion! Leave a comment below and I promise i'll get back to you as soon as I can :)

xx